View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Need evalutation of my double shoot out hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1st round people tend to play looser and will probably call with a ton of hands here that you have beaten if you get it all in on flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was worried that if I check raised all in on such a crappy board when he bet 200 and I raised it another 1100 ( which is more than half his stack) he'd give it up on the flop and fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to ask yourself 1) what types of hands he will play in this manner and 2) given that range, if it's such a bad thing if folds.

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm not the best person at putting people on hand ranges, but I figured he might have something like 56s, 78o, Kx, QTo, I wouldnt figure him for Ace anything because he prolly would of raised coming in with that or a pocket pair of any sorts. What range would you put him all on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I just noticed that this is the first round, so yeah, getting a good sense of someone this early is a bit tough. That said, when very aggro players do something like this, I often put them on a very strong hand pre-flop or semi-trash. Others with more sng experience will be much better than me at putting this guy on a hand, but often these guys will clam right up with a big wired pair, being scared of losing action. That said, you can't rule out any old trash hand. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I my point though is that there is a huge range of hands that you would like to see him fold on the flop; if he's going to call, you want his call to be as big of a mistake as possible. With that in mind, I like checkraising the flop, betting/three-betting the flop, or betting all-in on the turn (in that order). When you checkraise all-in on the turn, he's getting ok odds to call with a lot of hands you don't mind him folding.

-Diplomat