View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Post your best expert play!

This is pretty much a standard 2p2 line as far as I know..

I would like to hear a little more about this line from a successful LAG or a TAG who likes to fire two bullets tho. The reason this type of line can sometimes can be bad IMO is if you are playing against a thinking player who is observant of the action and you have played a decent number of hands against him. He will then soon realize that you only bet the turn with two pair or better. The problem with this is if you decide to fire a second bullett with AK or use a turn K as a scarecard and fire a second bullett with something like AQ your opponent knows you are either bluffing or you have a big hand.. Big hands are not common so he may decide to look you up with a single pair...

Is this overthinking at medium stakes or does anyone have thoughts/practice with this "problem"?

A play I sometimes make that doesn't seem like the standard on 2p2 is to bet into the PFR with air after I called in the BB with a SC or high cards. I think this helps balancing your play. You will often pick up the pot and you will be harder to read.
A guy who only bets into the PFR with better than onepair hands shouldn't get alot of action from good players