View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah see I don't agree with this. This will happen so rarely that it doesn't solely justify capping PF with AK. I'm not mad that 3 aces came off and I would have won, I'm mad that these guys bet me out with crap hands. I'm upset that they got me to fold a great hand. This IS part of my learning process.

From now on I will be less respectful of a 3-bet from UTG+1.

I guess what angers me is that my read was wrong. Now that I think about it, I just played the hand very poorly. A raise from UTG could be anything like KQ, AQ, AJ, ATs maybe...
and the 3-bet from UTG+1 could be AQ, AK (as well), AJ, maybe KQs, and possibly TT as well as JJ-AA.

AK is still ahead of several of these hands. I f**ked up and have moved on. I'll try not to let it happen again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have been more clear. When I said lesson learned it had nothing to do with the outcome of the hand. Neither the outcome of the hand nor the board are relevant AT ALL. I meant that there are VERY few situations where you want to fold AK.

You should have capped and by folding, you sacrificed one of the times you would have "won more than your fair share". The lesson is don't fold AK in situations like this (which you already know now).