View Single Post
Old 11-26-2004, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Do I bet this river?

I think most people are missing the point of this point, which is does it make sense to bet a significant amount knowing that if I get check-raised I probably have to muck? I'd say villain will muck even 99 if I overbet the pot as that would be a confirmation of his read that I have KK(a tight player betting 1k and then 2k doesn't indicate AK, but KK). He has trouble making laydowns but he also has a read on me in this hand. Anyway, I would like to see fewer posts about how he will probably call if I bet hard and more about what size bet makes sense given the vulnerability to a check-raise. Clearly there is a trade-off between getting the most I can out of him and not exposing myself to his re-raise if he has quads. So do I bet and how much is still the issue, not "if I have nothing to worry about from villain's hand and he has a sucker house how much can I get out of him?" I think most responses are downplaying the extent to which my hand is vulnerable and can not hold up if significant action occurs. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
P.S. Stacks are so deep because he sat down with 9K and I wanted to have him covered. This was over the summer before Foxwoods got the minimum thousand dollar buy-in table going.