View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 01:50 AM

Default non-nut boat with unlimited heads-up betting

At the local B & M the Bad Beat Jackpot is over $100,000 and the fish are out and feeding. I'm in seat one and seat five is as loose as they come. He's passive until he makes his crazy hand, then he raises. He's shown down 23o UTG, K4s where he made top pair, 45s where he bet the river despite missing the board. He will call one raise pre-flop no matter what. The only time I saw him raise pre-flop, and I think it was after the below hand, was with pocket tens. You need aces full beaten by quads or better for a jackpot. I'm not sure if he has a read on me, but I've been playing tight, getting good cards and sets, folding when I'm behind.

I have deuces in the hole in earlier position than him, though I don't recall where. The table lets me limp and I flop a set. The board is 289 rainbow. I bet, get a few callers, including seat five. Turn is a queen, bet again and get called, maybe one other caller besides seat five. River is another queen. I bet, he raises. The last other player folds, I re-raise. he four bets. Since we're heads up there is no limit on the number of raises and re-raises. Five bets? or call? if five bets, six? where do you stop if he comes along? I had $60 behind and he had about $40.