View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 11:20 PM

Default Re: Review My HU Play

As your play went on, it got better. There were a couple of things that I didn't particularly like:

On the first hand, you limped with 64s and folded to a reraise. This isn't inherently bad provided you view it as an image play. You've established that you will occasionally limp and fold to a raise. This now allows you to set some traps heads up. However, given that the stacks are pretty shallow already and are going to get shallower relatively quickly, I'm not sure how important plays like this are. At Stars, where when it gets heads up the blinds are still frequently relatively low and will stay low for a large number of hands, it's nice to be able to lay traps.

On the second hand, bet the flop, not the turn. I know your hand looks ugly, but heads up having that pair against an opponent who hasn't shown you much is probably enough.

The AQ hand would have probably been a great place to limp again and hope he tried to make a move. Making your first big HU hand your first push when you've been employing all kinds of other raises looks terribly suspicious. Either play everything you're going to play this way, or play your weakest and strongest holdings this way. Most people lean toward the former.

Towards the end, I felt like you were making it too easy for him to limp into you from his SB. Don't let him do this so much.