Thread: Hanoi Chomsky
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2003, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Hanoi Chomsky

'I first came across a quote from this speech in the book "DESTRUCTIVE GENERATION: Second Thoughts About the Sixties", by Peter Collier & David Horowitz. I had '

ok thats his own book. i think youd agree that doesnt count as an additional source.

'so I kept looking. I found the primary source in the book "POLITICAL PILGRIMS: Western Intellectuals in Search of the Good Society", by Paul Hollander. Then '

ok maybe but like i said it could have been published by same guys.

'Then, with the irreplaceable help of Stephen Denney, an archivist with the UC Berkeley Indochina Center, I was able to obtain a transcript of the entire speech, which I have provided above.'

i looked on there but couldnt find it.

-----------------------

so as famous (or infamous) as chomsky is, those are the only sources in the entire world that chomsky even took a trip to n.v. during v. war?

to reiterate, this is the only time ive ever heard that chomsky traveled to n.v.

to me this level of documentation is not sufficient to support such a claim. it seems to me i would be able to find somewhere else the fact that a prominent anti war guy like chomsky visited north vietnam. (i mean i did search on google and stuff)