View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 09:04 PM

Default Re: something in this hand felt strange

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hm, a thought that just came to me now is that i should checkcall the turn since i will never be missing against hands i'm beating and i can't go 2 bets this way, which could be happening very often.

[/ QUOTE ]
What would you do on a rag river if it went check, check, bet, call, call on the turn? If it was down to you and the PFR?

[/ QUOTE ]

This situation again is the same as the turn, at first i thought i would have to lead because of the hands he would check behind but that's not right since he will def. value bet the hands that are behind vs me, so i'm not costing myself anything. So i might as well check instead of betting with the real risk of facing a raise that i can't easily fold to.

The line looks crazy for someone watching, bet-3bet then checkcall and checkcall when no worrying cards come, but i like it since he will be value betting for me.

After checking even checkraising and fold to the 3 bet (that would be an easy fold) becomes a real option. If it was 3 way overcalling thanks to the guy behind is extremely more appealing. HU, it's just combinations AK AQ AT vs KQ AA JJ TT, which should mean i c/r.

Wow, there was a lot more than meets the eye to this hand.

edit: against some players, the good ones, i would have to worry about them checking behind with AK AQ on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
"Impossible" for him to hold KK/QQ on the turn after the flop action? If not, then checking the turn becomes less attractive since with that low AF he will often? check behind, even more so on the river the times he do bet the turn with KK/QQ. All that doesn't matter though if he's very unlikely to have either of those holdings when raising the flop. Just asking to see if it's a possibility.