View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 02:39 AM

Default Re: 100-200 against stoxtrader

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If he check-raises the turn and I three bet, he is definitely not calling down with worse than a queen. What more do you need to know? If your default is to call down in those shoes, then your game needs some work.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is, which you seem to be missing YOUR 3 betting range here on the turn should a perfect frquency mix of AA kk AQ Ak-high so that stox has a 0EV decision with 88 etc.

You shouldn't have so [censored] up shania that when you 3 bet the turn stox can just throw away 66 because that way you are missing out on value with AK-high.

To see the shania better think of it as a NL hand. Unless one of you has bad shania all the plays, against all the possible hands, over the long run, on the turn and river should be 0EV for both of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying that my shania is that messed up, I am saying that this particular opponent is unlikely to pay me off with less. If I had AK high, then we could discuss the merits of three-bet bluffing(which would be quite valid), but I'm talking about this hand in particular. There are a lot of opponents against whom I'd three-bet many hands on a board like this. Stox isn't one of them.
-James