View Single Post
Old 07-17-2004, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Bobby Fischer Found

actually...George Bush was the president when this happened...not Clinton.

the match was in the summer of 92 i believe.
clinton won the presidency in November of 92 and wasn't inaugurated until Jan of 93.

btw....i saw the same video on CNN-headline....and overhead shot of the match, followed by a close-up of Spassky (the one without the bears), followed by a high overhead again of the match.
no close-up at all of Fischer.

side thought - does anyone else hope that somehow this leads to Fischer getting some help??
with the proper medication maybe his paranoia can be curbed (ala John Nash maybe) and perhaps he could even find his way back to the chess-board.

i think that any lawyer assigned to defend him on any criminal charges could try to justify a psych-consult on the guy to determine if an insanity plea is in order.
yes, i know, i've been watching too many Law and Order re-runs on TNT.....but isn't this possible??

somebody observed previously that Fischer's story has many similarities to John Nash...except without the happy ending.
i would like to point out that Fischer's story is not necessarily concluded and there may still be time for a happier ending. call me a goofy optimist.