View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Re: 1/2 Stud High - Chase this?

[ QUOTE ]
You missed an easy bet on 5th street. With a pair of queens he will keep driving. My guess is he either has a monster or just decided you aren't going to fold so he'd better stop betting and hope to draw out cheap. My guess is you are ahead a good bit here and I'm not going to let a card slide off for nothing in this spot. There are a lot more busted hands than monsters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Jeff,

One thing I noticed in my first (only so far) session in this game was that the player leading the betting often backed off on fifth if he hadn’t caught a second pair or better. Now, this guy had just sat, so who knows. However, since he had raised third (which was rare for this table) I did give him credit for the Queens (or some pair better than Tens).

When he checked fifth, I thought either he had got frisky on third with a 3-flush or he hadn’t caught that beloved second pair yet. I was grateful for the free card, but like you said may also have been giving one myself.

Given all this, when he raised me on sixth, maybe I should have just folded. After all, my hand is there to see. But this is 6 max and he is new and I can’t fold.

6 max Stud High is fascinating. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]