View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 01:55 AM

Default ***Official Long Suffering White Sox Fan Thread***

Let's hear from you White Sox fans! I'm 35 years old, and I've been a Sox fan since the late 70's when I was old enough to turn on a TV by myself and watch them on channel 44. I've been through all the heart break. The '83 "Winnin' Ugly" team, the '93 ALCS loss to Toronto, the '94 strike year, the 2000 ugly sweep loss to the Mariners when we scored like 3 runs the whole freaking series. And not to mention the '01, '02, and '03 seasons when we were "supposed" to dominate the Central. I'm not going to lie -- I was really starting to wonder if I would ever see this happen. And I was starting to believe the media and the posters on this board who predicted the Sox wouldn't win a playoff series.

I'm happily married for 10 years and I've got two kids, so this isn't supposed to be the happiest day of my life so far -- don't tell anybody, but it is. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I'll tell you this...I'll be writing notes to my kids school starting next week, because they're going to be staying up way past thier bedtimes watching their White Sox in the World Series with thier old man!

Share your joy here, White Sox fans! This is our virtual locker room champagne dousing! Cheers! Go Sox!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]