View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 02:32 AM

Default Re: Knicks get Eddy Curry

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You gotta be kidding me. [censored] [censored], that's terrible news. God, I bet he'll play out of his mind this season; he has a lot of doubters to prove wrong. Man, he was key to getting us to the playoffs; didn't they see how the Wizzard's tore us apart without him? Tyson Chandler sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless what you think of Curry, this is a great deal for the Bulls. Thomas was apparently bidding against himself since no one else was interested. This is a coup for the Bulls, who had no choice but to move him at this point.

Look, he was a serious question mark as far as giving him the max deal he wanted BEFORE the heart problems. His defense, work ethic and attitude made that contract a huge risk. Yes, he's a potentially dominant low post scorer, but overpaying for potential is a disaster in the NBA (witness new Bull Tim Thomas' contract). This is as good as could have been hoped for.

And Chandler is going to be Ben Wallace Jr. Wash out your mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, the contract certainly has some risk, but the guy is very talented. Having him in the post, with Heinrich and Gordon at point is a high-powered combination. And, Noccioni (sp) is Ben Wallace Jr., except he scores more. That guy is an animal. I sort of resent Tyson Chandler, b/c he was so hyped up, and has done nothing but let me down. Maybe this season he'll fulfill the potential everyone boasts about, but as of right now I have a pretty cynical outlook. Good analysis though, I'm now less annoyed than my initial reaction.

P.S- Wash out my mouth? I don't even consider Sh.t to be a swear word, but fer some reason the mods here do. Anyways, sorry mom