View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 09:31 PM

Default Re: I hit on the turn but now am scared

You overplayed your hand in my opinion.

Once MP2 raises on the turn, your hand is really not that good. His hand is unlikely to be one pair or less, and it's not going to be a semi-bluff often against 3 opponents. So he usually has two pair or better. Your two pair doesn't stack up well, though it's reasonable you're chopping as most of the other two pair possibilities are really ugly (J7, J4, etc...) and villain would have to be pretty loos to play them. The straight isn't hugely likely either. A set is a very real possibility though.

As it stands, you are, though, dodging all of the 8s, 3s, often the 5s, any J, any 4, and a bunch of other two pair cards you don't even know. That's at least 18 cards you don't want to see and it's likely more like 20. Your equity is really not that high even when you are ahead.

I think the best plan is not to put any additional money in of your own volition. I don't see much tactical value in a raise. UTG isn't folding often anyway, and that would be the only person we'd want folding.

As it stands, my turn decision is definitely between calling (and check-folding a LOT of rivers), and just folding right now. The pot really isn't that big. You're probably looking at getting 4-1 on a call down or something like that, since the light pre-flop and flop action means there's very little money in the pot beyond what is going in on the turn. You have 4 outs to improve, and those may be dirty if you're up against a set. Many cards that could hit on the river hurt you.

So, I don't know. Needing 20% equity here, I think I probably like a fold. With specific reads that MP2's turn raise is often one pair or less and that button, UTG and so on will often proceed with weak hands, calling becomes an option. I never really like raising, though.