View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 04:33 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: 30/60 Jamming the turn

From HEPFAP: (read starting on p167) When the pot gets big, this fact should dominate your thinking.

[ QUOTE ]
CO posted and raised preflop, but his raise is unlikely to be a steal because UTG had already limped into the pot. So CO has something at that point, but his range is pretty broad. The flop does not provide much information, but the turn does.

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop told me that the CO unlikely has a flush draw, therefore, he doesn't have the made flush on the turn. This is one reason I jam alot of hands on the flop. I could've reraised this flop with a wide range of hands. If anything, your flop play helped define your hand coupled with your turn raise. I'd have put you on an overpair (some w/possible flush draws but not necesary since my bet out on the turn is usually routine after c/r the flop so you don't have to put me on a flush either. I'm giving you credit for thinking this deep), a set, maybe A/big kick with a turned flush draw which, in that case, puts me ahead of you. So if that's the case, knocking out UTG also helps free up a possible 4-5 outs for overcards he might have on me.

b