Thread: AA hand
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 12:48 AM

Default Re: AA hand

I pushed. I did analysis before that AA is not in that bad shape versus 2-pair with a 3 broadway card board, since it has set, straight and 2-pair outs.

I am really only in trouble versus AQ, TT, or JJ of likely calling hands.

However, the small reraise doesn't look good and I had 2 opponents. The fact that the board is suited might indicate a flush draw plus pair or gutshot, which I would be a little ahead of, but that might be a bigger raise.

Anyway, villain had AQ for a straight. I had a similar situation versus one opponent and a 3 broadway card flop, where I concluded I had to put the money in with AA. Maybe with 2 opponents and the minireraise, I should have layed it down.

The other thing was that I was new to the table and had raised my first hand from second position and taken my blinds. This was my second hand at the table, so I thought the UTG raise would get action, which is one reason I raised rather than limped. I wasn't sure if the late position callers had strong hands.

Maybe this is just bad luck running into a big hand. I was multitabling the 20-table SNGs and had fairly big stacks in several of them and got knocked out in various ways, so I am slightly frustrated, but it is probably par for the course.