View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 07:41 PM

Default Re: LC: One year ago (Stolen from STT Forum)

One year ago

In november last year I had my first winning month playing poker. I final tabled several $5 tourneys on pokerroom and won a 30$ one I had no business playing in. Before that I was a purely recreational player and was content in losing a couple of hundred a month playing either online or in a B&M. I had very little clue as to what I was doing and I was learning by experimenting. I had never even thought of reading a book on poker. But nov04 to feb-05 I was on a rush.

Since

I had good success for awhile and so I started playing way above my roll (what else are you supposed to do?!). I was overconfident. I was playing games I had no business playing. I had started lurking here and it was actually screwing up my game. I was misaplying what I was reading and losing badly. I quickly blew 1/3 of my roll and decided to re-examine things. In the mean time I would stick to the low buyin MTTs where I had success.

After alot of recent studying I'm back to feeling comfortable with my game and have had a great oct-nov. I've won or FT several times and I'm making the jump to higher buyins again, only this time I aim to take a smarter approach to managing my money and time.

The biggest change for me this past year has been my approach to the game. I'm much more serious about this now than I was a year ago.