View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Two interesting PF decisions in the same hand with AK

Ton of info here. If utg is trying to play well, I would estimate that he has something like 66-99, KQ,AT+. UTG+1 is really insignificant as he is obviously dead money. Your call makes it look like you have a mid pair, and I suspect that CO is shoving a wide range of hands for two reasons. First he could be assuming that the pot is full of dead money, and has a huge overlay with a marginal hand like a mid pair, KQ, or even a suited connector. But, he could know that you know this and may induce a call from you if you are thinking along these lines with a hand like 88-TT. I suspect that the button is TT+ AK. I think with all of the overlay, you have to shove there, but I don't like your original call.

Edit: I just read the rest of the thread, and understand your call with the AK, but still dont like it. A second overcall starts to build a big pot, and you are in danger of having something like what did, or, getting in against a hand that can bust you oop. That said, I love it if you are CO or button.