View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: More Hand Reading Fun

I think your range here is any 2 as you'll want to play a pot against a predictable opponent when having position and a chip advantage. The BB entered the pot too and only called PF instead of pushing his short stack over 2 players that haven't shown a lot of strength yet. I was thinking that this might be a StopNGo, but then the BB didn't bet out - so I'm thinking he probably hit the flop or has an overpair and decided to check-raise instead. I put the BB on Jx, a set, a flush draw, or an overpair. I don't think he pushes with anything less given the pot odds he's giving you (and MP) to call. If you read him as a little loose then throw in 8x as well.

You're getting like 3.68 to 1 on your call, so you'll need about 6 good outs for your call to be correct - this means you can call with drawing hands like a flush draw, an OESD, or a pair with a high spade. A hand like two overcards is a marginal calling hand as it could be drawing very thin if your opponent has an overpair or an less likely set.