View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 11:21 AM

Default Re: More Hand Reading Fun

Here's my read from the little bit I've railbirded you. You could have any two with potential. Anything connected. Suited one or two gappers. 88-22. KQ, KJ, QJ, AJ, A10. Less likely but I'm not ruling them out, AA-99, K10, K9, Q10, J10. You're slightly LAG, think you can outplay most, and like to see a lot of flops. This is an excellent position for you as you're by far the table chip leader, have a good read on MP and have position. What is interesting is that I'm sure you're very aware that BB is likely to push here. Given that, I think that rules out unmade big hands like AK, AQ as I would think you'd be reraising here to isolate MP. Interestingly, you could be doing this here with a QQ-99 hoping BB will push (likely with a worse hand) and you can see whatever MP does before deciding what to do. With QQ-99 I don't think you want to be pushing against the second table chip leader but I know you have no problem calling a push by the BB with the same. Overall, very difficult in my opinion to narrow down your range significantly.

BB's preflop play is strange. I'm assuming he had 1488 before his call. Maybe I'm misreading that. So he's slightly below 10x BB. He's getting 5-1 on his money so if he's got a pretty good hand I think he'll be calling here. He doesn't push so I'd rule out KK-22, AK, AQ. Possibly could be trapping with AA. Although I have to think that even if he did push here, he's got to know one of you is likely to call. I don't know why he'd let you see a flop instead of just pushing with AA. Post flop he pushes. He's only pushing an additional 788 (1338-550) into a 1525 pot. Pot to you would be 2313 giving you slightly below 3-1 odds. Unless he's retarded, which I'm not ruling out, he's got to expect a call here. Flop is somewhat coordinated but unlikely to have hit you and MP. I'd say his range here is AJ, KJ, QJ, J10, J9, or any two spades, most likely that are connected.

Assuming MP folds, you should be calling with AA-JJ, 88, 33, AJ, KJ, QJ, JT, or any two spades. Two overs is a close call when you consider he could be retarded and bluffing but I'd probably fold those instead of putting him back up around 3k.