View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 11:28 PM

Default Re: Low Ceiling vs High Ceiling-SNG strategy(long)

so you agree with me hahaha

actually one thing I saw and want to answer...

[ QUOTE ]
You say that your strategy of correct postflop play "can defend against variance", but you provide nothing to substantiate that claim.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my post I write...

[ QUOTE ]
You don't just get to play your cards, you can play your opponents cards and take EV that does not belong to you. High Ceiling play has range. It doesn't just steal blinds it steals POTS. Low Ceiling takes EV that does not belong to you sure, the blinds. But High Ceiling is involved in the action and can take advantage of the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably should have been more specific. What I say here is variance is determined comepletely and totally by losing hands. If you never lose a hand there will be no variance. That means that if you can take pots that you would otherwise lose if you should down, you're defending against variance. I think LC preflop defends against variance because you steal blinds. Blinds that you can win without having the best hand. But like I said in my post, HC play takes not just blinds, when you switch to LC, but it takes POTS.

"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either."

Benjamin Franklin