View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Re: PT & PV are just the beginning... of the end

Maybe you're right, but I'm not sure I explained exactly what I'm talking about. Poker Tracker still requires some effort and skill to apply--you still have to know how to play poker in order to use PT effectively. PV takes it to the next level and moves more of this info right onto the table--you still need quite a bit of skill to apply the information, but it's a set of skills that any dedicated person can learn. It's no longer limited to those who can observe what's going on around them, remember it all and apply it in the trenches like the seasoned pros of yore. If this were to evolve into "bots," which seems to me is only a matter of time. Then, you'd just turn on your computer and leave for work and when you got home, you'd walk up to the computer and see how much you'd benefited from a day of playing flawless, perfect poker while you were off doing something else. You put one or two bots at each table and the game becomes almost impossible to beat. It would be like sitting down at a table with the two very best pros you can imagine on their very best days and having them never make a technical error.

The only thing that might keep these things from spreading like wildfire is the possibility that they'd be more profitable to their creator if he/she were to use them himself rather than sell them. They could conceivably make more money using them on their own than they could make selling them.