View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 08:54 AM

Default Re: Curtains Hand #2

[ QUOTE ]
People who claim that they don't understand the math and fold in this spot are FOS. You can't just shove a lot more as your position improves or as your get shorter because the calling ranges go up as well. The NE here is like 65% push and 30% call. 94o is one of the last hands that you should be looking to shove here. This is a clear fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree a lot with this statement and line of reasoning. Its almost surely correct to push in a vacuum against a typical internet opponent, because they will not call enough, nor are they aware of the nash equilibrium. One of the biggest mistakes you can make is to give too much credit to your opponents, which is what you seem to be doing.

However I don't think that its giving too much credit to suspect that theyll notice you push 100% of the time in certain situations. The regulars loosen up on me quite a bit when Ive been pushing like a maniac, I dont want them writing some note next to my name "pushes any 2 with 7x bb from the SB".

Anyway this is a special type of case, in general I will never knowingly pass up EV for a hand. Its just that too many hansd like this can make many current +EV situations turn into neutral or -EV situations in not just this tournament but in many future ones as well.