View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Stars 10+1, feeling stuck

[ QUOTE ]

Ok, let me ask this. What hands are folding the flop to a SnG that are calling a push that we want to call. What hands are folding the flop to a SnG that are calling a push that we want to CALL.

[/ QUOTE ]

There aren't very many hands at all that I want to call me PF instead of folding if I push. Dominated A's and Q's are about it, and in that category I lose most of the aces and probably all the Q's except KQ maybe. Keeping these kinds of hands around and stacking them if we both hit is potentially quite lucrative. Despite what you're saying, I think a stop and go (which you may not even need to do, you can probably get away with less than a push on the flop) does lose some pocket pairs that you really would like to move out. Pushing will frequently get rid of some of these as well, but the stop and go (or just a flop bet) is probably more effective at it.

The stop and go will also drive out hands that we dominate post flop, but the thing is that I think most of those hands fold when we push preflop, and there's no good way to extract value from them in the other circumstance, so I don't think you're missing much in that situation.