View Single Post
Old 04-15-2005, 08:28 PM

Default Re: New OK room open

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder how it would be if I showed up in all UTexas gear.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't recommend it [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Lots of OU students out there, I believe. Also lots of people wearing OU clothes and hats. And UT sucks. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no no no. I see this as a premium opportunity. Now I play low stakes 3/6, 4/8, or 1/2 NL. However, if you are there to take people's money anyways, might as well have some fun in it, dress up in the biggest rival's gear, and see if you can use that to your advantage at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in Vegas on January 2nd this year, wearing my UT shirt after their Rose Bowl victory. Seated two to my left was a guy wearing a Michigan sweatshirt and hat, and he was not happy to see me. He spent the next two hours trying to bust me---every time I was in a pot he was right there with me, and whenever I raised pre-flop he ALWAYS re-raised to try and isolate me. I wound up busting him out when my Q-A held up against his Q-K on a Q high board. As the chips came my way, and he was getting up to leave, I said "that's why they call it Texas Hold Em, not Michigan Hold Em." It was fun....