View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 06:35 PM

Default Re: poker sites \"juicing\" the game

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mainstream businesses and corporations are known to be seedy and ruthless themselves, and have been caught taking all kinds of corrupt and suspicious measures to increase the bottom line. So to think that an online gambling site would be any different would be overly optimistic IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. However...where's the evidence? A number of trustworthy people have collected millions of hands worth of data, and no inconsistancies that I know of have popped up. If inconsistancies do appear, then we can start a serious discussion on the integrity of the big sites...but we're only in the monitoring stage now, not the conclusion-drawing stage.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm certainly not trying to draw any conclusions here. And for the record, I don't believe any particular site is rigged. I have yet to see any evidence of that being the case. However, I do find it a little difficult to convince myself that it's entirely out of the realm of possibility.

Although, I do suppose that having a healthy perspective, and trusting that the games are fair (which for the most part I do), is important and essential to consistently playing at the top of your game.