View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Two hands from Bellagio. Call or Fold?

Just got back. If I didn't have a dayjob I'd still be there.

I submit these two hands for comment- tear me up:

Hand #1

Friday $3000 buy in NL. We are down to about 70 or so. Paying 18. I haven't had a huge stack, but I've been comfortably ahead of average for several hours allowing me room to make some play. Blinds are 400-800 with 100 ante I think. The villian is a known player who has made the WSOP ME final table in the past. I have seen him muck JJ face up to a large reraise. I'm guessing on stack sizes:

Hero is UTG+1 (30,000) A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero raises to 4500.

Folded to villian in MP (50,000) who calls.

Blinds fold.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero bets 9000.

Villian raises all-in.

Hero ?????????????

Hand #2

Bellagio $5000 buy in NL, third hour of play, blinds at 100-200. I have been totally card dead and I have about 7500 of the 10000 I started with. The villian has a big stack.

Folded to Hero in MP with
A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero raises to 700

Folded to villian in BB who calls.

Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villian bets 1500.

Hero raises to 3500

Villian reraises all in.

Hero ????????

I have thought quite a bit about both these hands over the past two days. Obviously they could have been played differently to the decision point I have posted.