View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 08:49 AM

Default Re: Vegas WSOP Trip Report

I understand not wanting to look like 'the nit' when the rest of the table is cool with it (or amused or whatever).
This has kept me from saying something on several different occasions.

I wasn't there so don't really know....but I think it might have been more of an 'angle-shoot' then you thought.
Even though he's loose and silly and having fun...he IS also trying to get the other guy to show his cards.

Anyone who pretends to have cards when they don't ....or pretends like they don't have cards when they do will get no support from me.

If a player is holding his hands out in front of his chips like he's holding his cards I might make a comment, "Umm...wait, you're out of the hand, right?" or something like that.

This has ALWAYS been just a polite comment to inform a player that the way he holds his hands is kind of making it tough to tell.

Anyway - I'm all for a good joke.
If a player takes all his chips pre-flop and then starts counting out $600 like he's going to raise 6xBB...and then looks around at everyone and quickly mucks his hand then that can be fairly amusing.

But what Michael was doing was crossing the line because he was trying to extract info (by getting the other player to show) or perhaps even extract an incorrect mis-play (like possibly getting a player to muck while he was still holding cards).

Anyway - I don't like it. But I completely understand the type of situation where you wouldn't want to speak up and be 'THAT uptight guy' who actually insists on playing by the rules.