View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 11:21 AM

Default Re: not disagreeing

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I already mentioned in my original post that my reason for putting poker on my resume would be bc of egotistical reasons so I won't disagree. But I still think I am right for the most part. Here is why....the interviewer is either going to be :
1)a Non-Poker player: in which case he/she will not care or frown upon your poker exploits
2)a Poker player/enthusiast: in which case you guys will obviously start discussing poker strategy and/or how well you each do at poker.

Tell me how that's wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, #1 is what we're all trying to figure out. That actually hasn't been determined yet (as far as I know); how the employer will perceive poker playing.

#2 is merely conveivable. If I'm there for a job interview and the employer plays poker as well, then my guess is that it would stop at that: "we're both poker players" <smile>. I'm pretty sure that if I'm being interviewed that I'll just keep, being interviewed. Anything less seems like it'd be kind of unprofessional.

I understand though, that looking at this from your angle, that if both people have the problem of ego and both have that desire to indulge in ego, then the result would be standard. I'm just not sure that you're going to be able to find that your premiss is absolute. Well, I'm pretty sure.