View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 09:31 AM

Default Re: 10/20 Q9o preflop

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: Just looked in PT. No big surprise, since I only play Q9o in the BB for free, but my stats say QTo is a +.02bb/100 winner, and Q9o is a (.03)bb/100 loser -- over 37k hands, with about 350 occurrences each.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you filter out blind status? If you're trying to disprove the possibility of Q9o being a slightly profitable hand, hands where you were in the blinds should be discounted. Since you said you don't play it anywhere else, then it's going to be 0 BB/100, which doesn't say much.

From what I can tell, I think I play these kinds of "trashy" hands (out of the blinds) more than most 2+2ers do. Hands like A9o-J9o, etc. I'm showing a slight profit, but some of them I only blind steal with, so the data may be skewed. They also aren't standard limps for me by any means. I usually only play them in situations where LPs have limped and I'm on the button (maybe the cutoff) with passive blinds left to act.

At the online mid-stakes games, this is a very rare situation. As a result, my sample size is small, so I don't have any definite conclusions at the moment. But if in the future, I find that I'm losing with them, I'll drop them from my play and say to myself, "they were right". Otherwise, I'll continue.