View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 01:34 AM

Default Re: 5/10 :: Stud/8 :: Rolled Up 4s

I like completing on third and raising 4th. With one caller already in, you will likely get some action here (on 3d), and completing with a 4 up looks natural (limping may, too, but the complete wont set off too many alarm bells).

On fourth, raising is good since you have so much equity. Why not tie these two low draws to their hands more, especially killing almost every low straight?

The action on fifth is really f'in uncool for you. You could have 2 board locked for low (though you have been passive) and he raises right into you with the case 4, which makes all those straights you almost have killed possible for him. Three betting here is kind of meh, since seat 7 folding has to be bad (I think, it sure does not look like he is taking any appreciable equity from you). When 2 caps, I would feel pretty sick. You are getting ~2.5:1 on calling down (a bit more if 7 comes along), and with high and some low potential, well, I guess you have to pay off, but get ready to feel anally violated.

As a side note, the only time I slow play rolled up hands is when I think I will get zero action if I complete, like it is folded to me, the bring in is likely to muck, and anyone is between us they have some crappy dead high card. These hands are best played fast IMO.