View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Continuation bet --> min raise

[ QUOTE ]
Hey all,

Absent a very strong read, what is your default play for this...

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the best pieces of advice I've gotton from 2+2 is to assume all Party players have the goods when they make a bet. They are all tight nits. Noone ever bluff. Continue to assume this until a players shows you that he is capable of something different. Make notes.

Continue to study the CB. You should only be making a CB approx. 78% of the time. In the example you give you failed to mention position, which is the key to this decision. If you are last to act and the pot is checked around to you a CB would be in order with this flop, and fold to a check-raise. In first position with several players left to act I would check this flop and fold to a bet. When I 'm the PFR I always bring it in for the standard 4BB. That way I could have AA, or in the case of your example, AJ or JJ. So since I represented a hand pre-flop you don't know if I hit the flop or not.

Another tactic I employ is to check the flop if I'm OOP. Then I can fold with my dignity intact (I may have opened with AKs) or I can check-raise. Just because I checked doesn't mean I missed the flop. This is called "protecting your checks". Just IMHO.