View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 01:37 PM

Default Re: People who died, died.

theWM,

[ QUOTE ]
I mean no offense to your late father or yourself, but when you say you are consouled by knowing he is with God in heaven, how do you know this. There is the very distinct possibility that most people are going to hell, a place way worse than earth. It is difficult to know where anyone stands on their beilief in God and so it is impossible to say if a loved one is in eternal bliss or eternal damnation.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense taken (other than you misquoted me).

I said this:

[ QUOTE ]
I am able to find some solace in the hope that my loved ones are with God.

[/ QUOTE ]

not what you restated I said.

In fact there is a slight chance that he might not be in heaven. But, I am fairly sure he is there, if there is one. He was a good guy – with good ethics. Like the rest of us sinners he was a bit naughty, though.

David probably would have liked him. Fun to be around, especially in Vegas. He always made sure everyone was having a good time. He was a prime mover to that end, too. I was really too young to accompany him to Vegas in his heyday. And the few times I did I was either a child or still wet behind the ears. He was a, not high-roller per se especially by today's standards (but he probably "paid for" a few minor renovations there), but was “compted” fairly well. Caesar’s was his turf in the days when Caesar’s was the Bellaggio of Vegas. Craps was his game. (Although, he was a very good pinochle player – so he knew his stuff. I am sure he would have made a very good hold ‘em, player.) And he liked the women in the Sin City (and they liked him).

RJT