View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 05:35 AM

Default Re: Giving up small pots - theoretical question

Thanks Stellar, that was a great post. I am confident in how I handle made hands vs this type of player, and now I really feel like I have some tools when it comes to playing unmade hands.

[ QUOTE ]
I commented on this the other day. You are making moves and you don't even know what color your cards are. Now maybe you actually did know, but your write up suggests that you are attaching no importance to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

As for this...

That hand the other day I felt the move was good regardless of the color of my cards. I suppose that implies i deemed it +EV with any2, which isn't the case...just that at that particular moment given the previous hands and the way they had been reacting to my bets+c/r's that I thought I could pull it off. Having some backdoors is a great way too regulate this type of stuff.

This hand is fictional. My hole cards, and the board, are both different from an actual hand that happened in a similar fashion - the gist remains the same while protecting my identity, I suspect there was a 2p2er or two at that table. The TAG player base in the 20/40 game is pretty constant, and in a post the other day one 2+2er figured out who I am.

Again, excellent post. Thanks for the insight - and congrats on being made a mod.

Surf