View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 05:45 AM

Default Re: Evidence AGAINST Christianity

[ QUOTE ]
Where does it say only?

[/ QUOTE ]
In the English language when you are talking about a specific number of objects, unless you explicitly state otherwise, you mean only that number. For example, if I were to tell you that I wanted you to take two cats into your car, I hope you would understand that I don't want you to take one, or three, or ten cats - only two.

[ QUOTE ]
Why is that an override?

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel like I'm teaching you basic English here. When you give someone an instruction and then give 'additional information' that renders the original instruction invalid you have overridden it. For example, if I were to tell you that I wanted you to take two cats into your car, but later I said I actually wanted you to take seven white cats and two black cats, the new instruction has overridden the original instruction.

[ QUOTE ]
They went in in pairs. What a mystery.

[/ QUOTE ]
It certainly is a mystery how seven beasts can go in pairs. This is why that site you quoted had to conjure up the 'spare wheel' beast. Sarcasm and hand waving is not helping you demonstrate how this isn't a contradiction.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you just overthrew 5000 years of Judaism and Christianity. Nobody ever thought of this before.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not claiming originality here, many people have thought of this before.