View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 08:46 AM

Default Re: Why all the secrecy here?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Aside from the odd event organized for the players, being an affiliate is pretty much hands- and expense- free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, I'm going to quote this piece of idiocy again because I'm honestly not sure how this retarded perception of affiliates ever got started.

[/ QUOTE ]

Granted, I didn't think that through when I put it down. There are many ancilliary areas of running a business which require a lot of resources and time - same as any other business.

If you want to know where this is coming from, it's simple:

The perception is that there's very little value-add. An affiliate's core business is self-promotion and marketing in order to generate registrations and to keep players generating rake.

Anything beyond that is overhead. Hardly altruistic, but then business is business.

A previous moderator said that this forum was setup to help players with questions about rakeback and affiliates.

Come on! We're all playing this game for the money. We know you're in this for the money too.

I have no problem with affiliates making money off my play, as long as I get a decent cut of it back. How will I know if it's decent? Transparency.