View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Boarderline maniac goes allin what to do

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
easy call with double gutshot + flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this really an easy call? I don't play 6-handed so I am not sure of the aggressiveness factor required, but I would think that the villain has one of the following hands:

Set - you are a 3:2 dog
Nut Flush Draw - you are a 3:2 dog
Two Pair - you are even money
Nut Straight Draw (he holds JT) - you are even money
Pair - you are a 5.5:4.5 favorite

I guess what I don't like is that you are paying $75 to win $87, so the pot is offering you 6:5 for a hand that if it does not improve will most likely be losing (granted the chances that you will improve are good). Am I being too weak, tight?

I am not disputing the call and to be honest I am always hard pressed to not call with an open ended straight flush draw with two cards to come - just not sure how happy I would be watching my chips go in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, for a normal player i fold this since I will lose in the long run, but this guy was a total douche and I had already decided that if he went allin, I would call. the fact that I considered that he may go allin gives you some idea of his play. He was a nut to whom i gave little respect. Unfortunately, he limped AA and I didnt hit, but it was the right call as I was only up against a pair and was 55% to win.