View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Flat vs. Threaded?

[ QUOTE ]
I personally agree 100% except for one thing. Mason and David read in threaded mode. I generally have to "force" Mason to put things in flat mode when we discuss threads, and even then he won't do it unless he has trouble finding the post he's looking for. This tells me that many people not familiar with computers may be doing the same.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, I'm one of these morons using threaded mode. Why is flat better? And does it make a difference that I'm using collapsed? Please tell me I'm once again an idiot and old (I love being the outcast, even in a subculture of outcasts).

I like to know who responded to who and in what order. I can't seem to get that with flat mode. Am I missing something? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

And I've been on the Internet for over ten years, so I'm no newbie, I just kind of stick with what I like. No, I'm not crazy about the software here, but it's a frigging free service, so I don't complain (I don't get why people are always whining about 2+2, just shut up already and take the bad with the good!), but I seem to be the minority in this school of thought. Oh, well, no change there, I'm used to being the minority. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]