View Single Post
Old 01-14-2004, 01:53 PM

Default Serious question about ESP (I don\'t mean psychic or anything silly)

I forget where I heard this. Probably that Art Bell nonsense on late-night radio (which is the only non-sports talk radio available to me on my late-night commute home). Nine times out of ten, I'll turn it off after less than a minute, dismissing the night's subject as nonsense, but occasionally I'll hear something of interest.

So one guy presents, as an example of ESP, a sixth sense: the feeling that someone is looking at you, or watching you.

We've all been through this thousands of times. You're in a restaurant eating your sandwich, and suddenly, you look up, and somebody is staring at you. Absently, probably, not even aware that they're doing it, until confronted with your return gaze.

But still, of all the people in the restaurant, your eyes went immediately to the one person who was looking at you. You must've SENSED this stare, no?

How many times have watched two attractive females walking down the street together, engrossed in conversation, paying no attention to anyone else in any direction, when suddenly, one of them locks eyes with you, pretty much "catching you in the act" of staring at them?

What do you think? Is this ESP?