View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 08:35 PM

Default Interesting (to me) 88 hand

Interesting to me because this is the kind of marginal hand I'm trying to learn to play more aggressively. Probably standard to other people. So help me learn [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Table is slightly loose and pretty passive. Button is tight preflop and somewhat aggressive postflop. MP3 is very loose and passive. I've seen him call bets on every street against a preflop raiser with bottom pair 4's.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

<font color="blue">Nothing interesting here</font>

Flop: (9.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.

<font color="blue">The flop is where it gets interesting. I may have the best hand. Button will probably bet. I want to protect my marginal hand in this pot that's getting big, so I check intending to raise button's bet. How is this?</font>

Turn: (4.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, Button folds.

<font color="blue">Flop unexpectedly got checked around. Part of me is scared of a button TT, but I think I have the best hand here more often than he has a slowplayed set. Someone could have a 5, but I'll probably be raised if that happens. This might be the most debatable part of the hand.</font>

River: (6.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets...</font>

<font color="blue">River value bet against the player who will call down with any pair. I'm happy with this bet.</font>

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

How'd I do?