View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Re: 3/6(6-max): 88 overpair on flop

Hey Ace-

This spot is very player dependent. This may be weak, but I fold on the flop often. You're not going to be making a lot of money against worst hands (which hands are going to call that you have beat?) and you stand to lose a bunch if you go into call down mode.

Actually, the more I think about it, maybe I'm lying. It's so player dependent.

I definitely don't minraise. I think if I do anything I'm just calling here and seeing what he does on the turn.

I don't know what raising the flop hard does either. Are you trying to get him to fold a better hand or call with a worse one? I don't think either is happening. Sure you get to protect your hand against high cards sometimes, but I don't think building up that pot is the right way to go.

Also, I bet this turn for a few reasons. (This might be bad advice and I'm ok with getting flamed for it). First, if villain was trying to peel with overs, you take it away now. Well, hold on, I think I'm doubling back on myself again. An overpair would definitely love to CR this turn. And you did pick up a bunch of outs if you are behind. Yeah, I check behind here, too.

Umm, anything else... yeah, river is a fold.

This post was kind of worthless, haha. Sorry.