View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Re: AQ & QQ - Two handed post vs Unknowns

Three responses so its time to start to discuss hand 3 as this was the toughest decision i faced.

We've three decisions Raise(Ahead so for value/protection), Fold(behind/Drawing dead), Call(drawing)

Raising - Well we assume we're ahead and maybe or maybe not drawing to the winning flush. Raising will charge the other guys drawing to 2pair/Flushes/other hands and make weaker hands fold(protection) its also for value.

Fold - We're behind and not drawing to a winner often.This is based on the assumption that between the two one has an ace and the other a stronger flush.

Call - We're chasing the flushdraw but think we're behind an ace so when the flush hits we must get as much value as possible from it.

However with the call line, we're sometimes walking into a trap(losing to A/K high flush). So we'd most likly have to BET/FOLD. However we're sandwiched so we'll either face a bet which we can either call or raise(most likly go for overcalls due to being unsure if we're ahead). Or face a check which we will have to bet but what do we do if raised? Assuming majority of "unknowns" wont bluff raise we must fold no?

As we're in this tricky situation by calling and hitting our flush it seems we won't make up enough for the times we:

Hit and lose to a higher flush
Miss and lose to an Ace.
Miss and beat weaker pairs.

So IMO its either Fold/Raise. I'm sure i've overlooked some lines/affects of our actions such as killing bluffs etc.

Of course on the call line we maybe ahead... But it just doesn't seem that way.

Edit: it was 3responses at least when i typed this up LOL. P.s. Please critique this.