View Single Post
Old 11-20-2003, 05:58 PM

Default Sold online poker playing

Hello,

I am interested in hearing from some of the consistent online poker winners, to hear what they have to say about bankroll management.

Over the past year I have been largely successful on online poker, up over $30G. However, it has been a rough ride, huge win streaks coupled with crushing loosing streaks, where I would blow my entire bankroll and several “in process” deposits then have to rebuy again and again. Playing an average limit of 10/20, when I’m winning I can’t help but cashout all the time, leaving no more than $1200 to play with and cashing out the difference whenever I reach say, $1600 or $1700.

Does anyone else do this?

I see a lot of solid players with very large bankrolls. I’ve heard the phrase “300BB” thrown around a lot. How many of you leave this in your poker accounts? Is this to imply that I should only cashout amounts over and above 6G if I’m playing 10/20? Do any of you keep a lesser bankroll and switch to lower limits when you’re loosing?

I look forward to any advice or input you winning players can offer. I am trying to “smooth out” my game, reduce “tilting”, win more and ideally never have to deposit again!