View Single Post
Old 10-18-2004, 02:41 PM

Default Re: PP $100 SnG--Chasing the Dragon...

Doug,

Whats your PP username? I swear this JUST happened at my $100 table about an hour ago, but the username that had 56s was not dougbrennan. At first I thought the guy who went allin with 56 was NUTS (Thinking to myself "Woohoo, I'm in a fishbowl!"). Then I looked back at the hand history and saw that he had not only a flush but a straight draw. Now you wonder who poorly played the hand. The guy who pushed with two pair, or the guy who pushed first hand with a draw (Albiet a big one).

My conclusion was this.

If I have an overcard straight draw, I think I would be MUCH more tempted to push here. I would say there is a 50% of the time the other guy going allin has either trips or a flush draw. If he has a flush draw, you make your flush, you're beat. If he has trips, he has 5+ outs to the nuts. That leaves you with less outs that it would seem initially.

After playing only 10 of these in the last two days, I've also come to the conclusion that the play here has gotten a lot WORSE than it was 3 months ago. Therefore I think I'd shy away from this hand more than you did, and would probably fold.

It was funny to watch though!

Nick