View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Guy tells me that he\'s going to call with any 2

I don't usually post, just lurk around, but this thread caught my eye and I felt I had to respond. I was playing a turbo on Stars today and had the same situation. Everytime I was in the BB this one guy kept pushing into me...we were near the bubble and I was second in chips and had him covered. Everytime he did this I had absolute junk and really couldn't make a stand. So, I told him in chat "You better have a hand next time because I am calling with any 2" To me this is part of the psychological aspect of poker, and was +EV in my mind to put even a little fear in him. As far as the part the OP wrote about looking like an idiot, I really do not agree. If I chicken out and don't do it.....so what! Do I really need to worry about what 5 guys in an online poker room think about me? I'm there to make money, if they think I'm an idiot...so be it. Well...the guy pushes into me the very next time it is folded to him on the button....and as I said I called...except I had A9, he had J9..gg him. After reading the OP's post...I thought I might have been the one he was talking about...but when he said he was pushing good hands I guess this was a different sng.