View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 12:51 AM

Default TT and a turn auto-bet

I didn't think about this one a whole lot during the hand. I just bet the turn, with my cursor already practically hovering over the fold button right after I put in the bet. (I wasn't putting any more money in unimproved.)

But I did wonder about it a little afterwards.

Anyway, this is UTG's 5th hand at the table. During his fourth hand, he limped A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in EP and saw a 3-way flop with the BB and me. (I was the PFR.) The flop came A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], the turn brought a 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and the Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] fell on the river. He and the BB called me down, and I won with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

MP1 is probably a TAG. His stats are 22/8/1.8 after 90 hands. The main thing I'd noticed about him is that he open-completed from the SB twice on my BB and then stole on the flop. (Possibly he actually caught something on the flop both times, but I felt like I was playing against myself.)

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (11.40 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7.20 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

<font color="#0000FF">All right, so I'm probably screwed. Nevertheless . . .</font>

UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets . . .</font>

Should I keep doing this, or should I stop and think next time instead?