View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Re: ever accidently email a whole list instead of just one person?

No, but it reminded me of this:

When I was finishing grad school, I started applying for jobs. One of them was at Bose, and the hiring manager started off by sending me an email interview. Once I completed it, he wanted me to explain my master's thesis in more depth, so I did. Well apparently I explained it in too much depth, because I received an email back that said something to the effect of "Bill, this is a candidate for position xxxx. Could you please review his email and let me know if it makes sense? I can't help but feel he's just blowing smoke."

So now I'm sitting there, reading this email, thinking the guy I am trying to get a job with doesn't know the difference between "forward" and "reply." I was hoping maybe he wouldn't notice, but I soon got another email that was some sort of automated notice that he tried to have the email returned. So I had no choice but to write back to him and assure him I was NOT blowing smoke, that perhaps I went into too much detail in my reply, and I would be happy to sit down and explain it all to him in person.

He wrote back and invited me in for a real interview.