View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Re: General Multi-tabling Discussion

The way i learn most things in life is by trial and error, i always seem to have to learn things the hard way.

The problem with poker is, when you seemed to have erred, it doesn't mean you did anything wrong. When you seem to have succeeded, it doesn't mean you did anything right.

Granted, the long run of poker does show itself much quicker multitabling, but the short run downswings can get insane. I tend to lose all confidence in my strategy and imediatly want to fix whatever it is thats causing trouble in my game.

I don't believe that the month i played the $10 tables without a losing day was a "good run", the only reason i was able to break even some days was because the other players were just so unbelievably bad at poker. It was as if they didn't like their money and decided to put it to good use by giving it to me. Some days i had to play nearly ten hours to overcome the bad beats and cold deck.

I will never play losing poker for one straight week, If i have to go back down to the $10 tables, then so be it, but i won't play losing poker at a higher limit just because i think i can win.

Thanks for your post Gecko, i'll be visiting your site shortly.