View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Are we breeding a whole generation of mediocre poker players?

Very interesting topic you bring up. Since it is fairly attainable make a good hourly rate at say Party 3/6 or NL 100 4-tabling, this I imagine appeals to many people you play for a living or just like having some extra income while enjoying the game they love. But regarding truly great players, I think the percentage of 2+2 posters is fairly small (less than 1% I would say). I guess it depends mostly on people's goals and interests. I noticed recently that I had gotten into a rut 4-tabling the small stakes Party ring games. I've gotten interested in SNG's and MTT's so I've decided to focus on those now. My hourly rate is much less and I miss out on bonus whoring but I'm having the time of my life and learning so much. Currently I'm playing 2 tables SNG's or a single table of Stars' low buy-in MTT's. I'm still in college so I don't play for "income", I'm more focused on improving and moving up eventually to the higher limit NL MTT's. There are some fantastic tourney players here at 2+2, it's really an unbelievable free learning tool. I don't think I could stand myself if I didn't push as hard as possible to reach my true poker potential.