View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 05:10 AM

Default Re: Stars VIP Program

"For all the hype that Lee Jones gave us"

I think Lee mentioned it ONCE. He just said that they were working on their VIP club which would include the possibility of spending your FPP's on WSOP and PCA entries (and other stuff).

To my knowledge, this was ALL he said about it.

So I don't blame Lee for over-hyping it or anything like that.
All the hype came from 2+2'ers like Augie and others (me included) possibly with over-active imaginations who kept saying, "I want it NOW. I can't wait" etc etc.
This was partly due to the overall growing frustration with the Party VIP incompetence.

I agree with both sides.
It's not mind-blowingly great, but it's a decent start.
And the fact that it's clearly spelled out (and competently) is very attractive compared with the party vagueness and lack of organization.

Just think what everyone here would be doing if Party implemented the same kind of program that Stars is using.

It's not THAT freaking hard to figure out what the players want and actually give it to them.
If Party really wants to keep the high-volume players they're just going to have to try harder...and pay attention to what's going on.

Listening to some of the legitimate complaints about the November pay-outs would be a start.
Not lying about December offers 'coming REALLY soon' would be a good idea too.

I did the marathon 25k points for the cruise thing (don't know ntil Jan 5 if I'm one of the first 30 players) but obviously that promotion wasn't attractive to most people.